Thursday, January 4, 2007

Car Insurance Quotes - about to make the call

We've seen tons of ads, heard tons of ads, been inundated with advertisements about getting a free insurance quote from this company or that. I have ads in my head about sites that show you several quotes from competitors to offer you the best the price.

I have had the same insurance for more than 12 years now, but my insurance company does not have the lowest rates in town (cybertown especially), so I am about to go on the hunt for a new car insurance company. I had thought about not checking around and simply choosing progressive because I like their commercials, but I have heard from others that have to us progresive that the money saved really effects you when you have to file a claim. I heard one nightmare of a story about taking weeks to get information and issues resolved. There are apparently many other issues that can come up, and comparing apples to oranges may take some time, but paying almost $165 per month for car insurance when there are cheaper places out there is making take the time to shop around.

I will attempt to document my car insurance journey, listing the times and everything involved. Of course every person's experience will be different, I am sure most people do no drive the same car, or have the same driving record that I have, so do your own research too. I welcome your comments, suggestions and warnings - help me choose the best place to send my car insurance money!

Issues such as how much the deductable is, if you have car rental or towing included in your policy, all of these things need to be considered, and I am willing to bet that all of the different companies have ways of making their oranges appear to be better than another company's apples, so I am making a checklist.

No comments: